Child of the Sit-Downs: The Revolutionary Life of Genora Dollinger
the year of the sitdown – International Socialism
Download PDF. Cite Citation Tools. How to cite this article If you have the appropriate software installed, you can download article citation data to the citation manager of your choice. Download Citation If you have the appropriate software installed, you can download article citation data to the citation manager of your choice. Share Share. Recommend to a friend.
The Life and Times of Genora Dollinger
Sharing links are not available for this article. I have read and accept the terms and conditions. Copy to clipboard. Request Permissions View permissions information for this article. Book Review: Jackson, Carlton. LaBarbera Twarog Emily E.
Virtual International Authority File
LOG IN. In this Book.
Additional Information. Table of Contents.
- The struggle in auto.
- New book reflects on life of legendary female figure in Flint's Sit-Down Strike.
- Genora Johnson Dollinger | University of Michigan-Flint?
- Art Models 6: The Female Figure in Shadow and Light (Art Models series)!
- Silent Night: A Prelude to the N00b Warriors.
- Learn About UM-Flint.
Cover Download Save. Frontmatter Download Save.
Contents p. Acknowledgments pp.
- Windows Phone 8. Corso di programmazione pratico. Livello 6 (Esperto in un click) (Italian Edition)?
- United States: 'With babies & banners' -- 75 years since the 44-day Flint sit-down strike?
- Essential Guide to Divorce and Happy Marriage.
- Article Metrics?
- Learn at UM-Flint.
- Meurtre au diner (FICTION) (French Edition).
Description This is a biography of a prominent labor reformer and early feminist. Strikes affect entire communities, and in the end they need the communities' support to succeed. This was exemplified in the legendary sit-down strike in Flint, Michigan, when strikers occupied the GM plants.
- 1937: the year of the sitdown?
- Locality Domains in the Spanish Determiner Phrase: 79 (Studies in Natural Language and Linguistic Theory).
- The Vampire Diaries - Stefans Diaries - Fluch der Finsternis (The Vampire Diaries - Stefans Diaries-Reihe 6) (German Edition)!
The striking workers needed food; they also needed information and advance warning on what management might be up to. The Women's Emergency Brigade, formed during the Flint strike, proved indispensable to the union effort more than once.
Genora Johnson Dollinger helped create the Women's Emergency Brigade and became one of the strike's leaders. She and her followers waded into the fray against the Flint police, the Pinkertons, and local officials sympathetic to GM, helping to achieve victory for the United Auto Workers and generating the first contract ever signed between GM and the UAW. Genora Dollinger became a steward at various plants in Detroit where she moved after being blacklisted in Flint.